FREE SHIPPING on all orders to the USA $98.00+
June 03, 2019
OutWest Hour Show #27 - June 1, 2019
Join me, Bobbi Jean Bell host of the OutWest Hour, for a "National Park Adventure" that takes us from Eastern California to Wyoming and Arizona, and on to Northern California. Our trail mix is one part Death Valley, one part Yellowstone, one part Grand Canyon and one part Yosemite. Imagine you are enjoying this savory snack as the sun rises, or sets, or under a full moon and star studded sky. Grab your favorite beverage, (I suggest water) put on your best hiking boots, and sun protection as we are leaving the famous Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley.
Our musical journey starts and ends with "Ghost Riders in the Sky" written by Park Ranger Stan Jones in 1947 while working at Death Valley National Monument. Little did he know that he composed one of the most recorded Western songs of all time.
1. Ghost Riders in the Sky - Allen & Jill Kirkham - CD Cowboy Classics
2. A Death Valley Day -Old West Trio - CD What's Left of the West
3. Wyoming: Jewel of the West - LeeLee Robert - CD Jewel of the West
4. Yellowstone Poem - Jerry Bell - CD Forever West
5. The Jewel - Ray Doyle - CD Emigrant Trail
6. Yellowstone Winds - Open Range - CD Yellowstone Winds
7. Ride Through The Country - Bob Corley - CD Buckles, Boots and Cowboy Roots
8. Grand Canyon Cowboy - Rusty McCall - CD Masters Poetry Volume 2
9. On The Trail - Miss Devon & The Outlaw - CD Plains, Trains and AlsoBobWills
10. You Couldn't Buy That View - Joyce Woodson - CD Living The Western Dream
11. The Ballad of John Muir - Black Irish Band - CD Into The Forest
12. Spirit of Yosemite - Rich Price - CD Spirit of Yosemite
13. High Sierra - L.K. Potts - CD Gone West
14. Smoke of 1000 Campfires - Bill Ganz Western Band - CD Ridin' The Arizona Trail
15. Ghost Riders in the Sky - Wylie & The Wild West - CD 2000 Miles from Nashville
Book and CD covers used in today's show is in the photo below:
Scenic view of the Grand Canyon is provided by In The Lens Photography, "Returning from Phantom Ranch, Grand Canyon."
About the OutWest Hour:
Bobbi Jean Bell is your "OutWest Scout" taking you on a journey through the WEST by sharing the music, poetry, and prose inspired by its history, landscape, and people. Hand selecting each track of the playlist, Bobbi chooses from her personal collection of Western, Western Swing, Cowboy Country, Historical, Folk, Americana, Roots, Film or Broadway music searching for just the right song to explore a Western theme.
Listen live on KUPR low power community radio located in the heart of Placitas, New Mexico locally on 99.9 FM and streaming www.KUPR.org
A new broadcast is heard weekly on Saturday from 4:00-5:00pm and repeats in its entirety every Wednesday from 6:00-7:00am (MT)
Follow the OutWest Hour:
Facebook OutWest Hour Radio Show
On the OutWest Hour page of this website
Listen and follow OutWest Hour on Mixcloud
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 25, 2022
May 14, 2022
May 13, 2022